Friday, January 06, 2012

The Larder



Today I started looking through all the cupboards taking stock and making a list of things we need from the grocery store. I found a little bit of this and some of that and a smidgeon here and a tad there but what to do with it all?



Kati kept us stocked while she was here and I miss her way of making a delicious meal with whatever was on hand. I tried one of her tricks and put two of the things I needed to use up quickly into a recipe search. What do you get when you search with buttermilk and oranges? Two naked oranges!


Seriously, I found a couple of great recipes and decided to make Donna's Heavenly Orange Chip Scones. It was fairly simple and I was quite pleased with the results. It was the first time I have ever made or eaten scones--a great way to use up that bit of buttermilk and at least one of the oranges and several other items. Looking forward to having another one with a cup of coffee and the juice from those naked oranges for breakfast. The rest will probably go with us to Columbia and be shared with the crew helping my daughter and son-in-law move tomorrow.


Now what can I do with onion soup mix and cocoa.......and more oranges?










1 comment:

larder cupboard said...

loving this, keep it up, as always!