Monday, April 10, 2006

For my Son

Thirty-four things you may or may not know but you're fixing to:
1) Cody now has a little girl named Lyndsey
2) Jamie has another little girl named Anna Grace
3) Cindy moved into her own apartment in Ohio but has now gone back to Cecil
4) Cody has learned that keeping his distance from his paternal family is best.
5) Cody would like to get in touch with his mother.
6) Andy's in-laws lost their house to a fire. They are rebuilding and should be moved in shortly after the 4th.
7) Jeff is living in Florida now and is expecting a little girl.
8) I just received my 5 year pin for volunteering with Red Cross.
9) I've been in my job for 23 years on the 29th of April.
10) Hurricane season starts June 1st and there is talk of a major storm hitting the New England coast, maybe even NY. Wouldn't that be ironic after all your years in
Savannah
11) The local radio station is for sale now that the founders have died. I foresee the eminent demise of Swap and Shop.
12) The "big mill" is now rubble including the big smoke stack.
13) The four-lane between here and my home town is making huge progress but now that J&C are moving, the four-lane seems a moot point.
14) I'm getting re-certified as a First Responder.
15) The auditorium in the "old school" has a new, level floor, still has a stage, has a landing just inside the doors and is geared toward parties or receptions. I think it's the perfect place for a dinner theatre.
16) We have a Chinese restaurant now.
17) This is harder than I thought.
18) Cody is the manager of a Denny's.
19) Aunt Lynn just had a complete hysterectomy because of a cancer scare but the doctor is confident everthing is OK and does not forsee any chemo or radiation.
20) Jeff's children are Matthew and Michael and one on the way.
21) Joey has one more year of school and I really hope he makes it.
22) Cindy came down this weekend and wants to move back into her house with Cecil and his daughter. She is so crazy.
23) Your uncle got the job with mlb.com and will be back in NY if not already. He may come here on his way back.
24) J&C found an apartment for $450 in a remodeled house, second floor, near campus.
25) Rumor has it, we are getting a Family Dollar and an Advance Auto to go along with our Dollar General and Food Lion.
26) Did I tell you I joined the fire department?
27) They're supposed to finish the nuke plant now after all these years.
28) Blackberries are almost ripe.
29) Trudy snores.
30) We've grown to 2 elementary schools now and still crowded. I think they are K-3 and 4-6.
31) We want to come see you. It will be sometime after shut down if we can make it.
32) I bought a canoe.
33) Laura and Lisa are geocaching.
34) I love you

No comments: